Wildlife Photography In Quotes

I thought I'd throw together a post with a few of the photographs I've taken that, for whatever reason, haven't made their way onto the blog.

And just to change things up - I've added some quotes about photography that have some meaning for me - who knows, they may hold some meaning for you too eh?

(Click to enlarge the pics)


The camera makes you forget you’re there. It’s not like you are hiding but you forget, you are just looking so much.

~ Annie Leibovitz


Carlia in the leaf litter


Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph.

~ Matt Hardy


Gecko on my window


When people ask me what equipment I use – I tell them my eyes.

~ Anonymous


♂ Sunbird with food for his brood


Every image is a triumph of perseverance.

~ David Noton


King Parrot preening 


Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst

~ Henri Cartier-Bresson


Red-browed finch about to feather its nest


Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever… It remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything

~ Aaron Siskind


Eastern Dwarf Tree Frog


The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera

~ Dorothea Lange


Strategically positioned on our bin


To me, photography is an art of observation. It’s about finding something interesting in an ordinary place… I’ve found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.

~ Elliott Erwitt


Prickly/Spiny Katydid on a woody vine in the rain-forest


The camera is an excuse to be someplace you otherwise don’t belong. It gives me both a point of connection and a point of separation

~ Susan Meiselas


Long-faced grasshopper


It’s weird that photographers spend years or even a whole lifetime, trying to capture moments that added together, don’t even amount to a couple of hours

~ James Lalropui Keivom


Being popular isn't necessarily always a good thing



♀ Sunbird bringing food to her young



Shot in mono to highlight the wispy feathers



Showing the leg of her prey (Nephila) - a spider that's been known to trap and eat sunbirds - brave little bird :)







You can check out more photography quotes here:

Inspirational Photography Quotes



Well, that's about it. I guess I'm in a reflective sorta mood - 'tis the season and all that right?

Hope you enjoyed the pics and if you got a little inspiration from the quotes - then more's the better.

Be good to yourself by being good to others. And, as always - take care

Paul :)

Comments